A little Background
No sales pitch here… Just listing out some of the material we encounter on a regular basis. We’ve been doing this for some time now, so our scope is pretty broad in regards to hardware and software.
- WAN – LAN – WiFi – Cisco – Sonicwall
- Windows or Linux Server Platforms – Intel – AMD – Raspberry Pi
- Apache – Web hosting – Intranets – Media Servers – Remote Backups
- Sql – MySql – Oracle – Access – Crystal Reports
- C# – C++ – PHP – CGI – Java – Python – and a variety of SDK Kits
- HTML – XML – SSL – WordPress
- C# projects we typically deal with are Windows based.
- Domain name registration and Email service provided by OpenSRS
At the moment, databases and C# projects have been our biggest focus…C# is a popular object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft, and it is often used with the .NET framework. Here are some advantages of programming with C# and the .NET framework:
- Cross-platform compatibility: C# and .NET allow you to write code once and run it on multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux, and macOS. This makes it easy to develop applications that can be used across different operating systems, without the need to write separate code for each platform.
- Large development community: C# and .NET have a large and active development community, which means that there is a wealth of resources available for learning and troubleshooting. There are also many third-party libraries and frameworks available that can be used to extend the functionality of your code.
- High performance: C# is a compiled language, which means that it can be optimized for performance. The .NET framework also includes features such as just-in-time compilation and automatic memory management, which can help to improve the performance of your code.
- Easy to learn: C# is designed to be easy to learn, especially for developers who are familiar with object-oriented programming concepts. The syntax is similar to other popular languages such as Java and C++, which can make it easier to transition to C#.
- Integrated development environment (IDE): Microsoft provides Visual Studio, a powerful and feature-rich IDE for developing C# and .NET applications. Visual Studio includes features such as code highlighting, debugging, and code completion, which can help to speed up development and reduce errors.
- Scalability: C# and .NET are designed to be scalable, which means that they can be used to develop applications of any size, from small desktop applications to large enterprise-level systems.
Overall, programming with C# and the .NET framework provides many advantages, including cross-platform compatibility, a large development community, high performance, ease of learning, an integrated development environment, and scalability.
There’s also a ton of hardware/technologies that are not as common, or no longer in retail circulation, but we still run across from time to time. If you have a question, feel free to contact us.